- The rioters didn't organise using Twitter, they used Blackberry Messenger. People watching used Twitter.
- Did you hear that Daily Mail? BBM and Twitter are not the same thing.
- During a developing story, Twitter > Sky News > BBC News
- During a developing story, you're better off following interesting journalists on Twitter than reading the content of theirs that makes newspaper websites
- If TV news channels haven't got helicopters up, they won't be showing any coverage that you haven't already seen
- Somebody really needs to tell our news outlets about UStream
- What happened to webcams? I swear there used to be more.
- If it was truly Armageddon, somebody would still be posting marketing news to your Twitter feed.
Tuesday, 9 August 2011
Quick conclusions from the riot coverage
I watched the riot coverage across a variety of outlets until too late last night. Here are a few thoughts...